Tuesday, September 8, 2009

True to Ourselves


Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord; Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve. me. For innumerable evils have surrounded me; My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;They are more than the hairs of my head; Therefore my heart fails me. Psalm 40:11-12. (Women of Faith Devotional Bible)

For the past few days I have started aching in my heart again for things I have done that I am not proud of. My head tells me that because I have pulled away from God and not done all of his will; and, my punishment is the bad things that are happening. Now, understand that this is my head talking, not my heart. My heart tells me that God has never left me, that he does not "punish. I have always dealt with my guilt by saying that God is punishing me. Reality, and age, have made me understand that this is not God doing this, but me living with the consequences of actions and decisions that I have made.

Thinking back I am sure that each of you has felt the same way at some point in your life too. We are each human. We find an excuse with living with ourselves when we have made a decision we are not proud of. But, we need to remind ourselves, God will not withhold his love, his mercy, his forgivness for we are each his children and we are forgiven.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me here. You are right. God is saying this to a lot of us. In my case, the accusation was not just in my mind, but it was verbal, coming from a fellow Christian and very close friend. It certainly is powerful when God steps in and intercepts these condemning and damaging lies. I'm so thankful for the truth of His word, that never, ever changes and cuts straight through to the heart of the matter.

    Praying you walk in God's grace and love today, dear friend!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I have definatley felt this way and praise the LORD for Grace!
    Joyce Meyer teaches strongly on the battlefield of the mind and it is sooo true.....the enemy knows that our stinkin thinkin will take us places that are so horrible and deep in hopes that we continue to spiral down but the HOLY SPIRIT will not allow it! We are victorious through HIM, we are more than conquerors through Christ who LOVES US! His mercies are new every morning....
    love and praying for you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Loren. That is an awesome book.

    Thank you for sharing from your heart. GOD is working in you and through you. He is not only helping you, but now others through you.

    Love you, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post with some incredible insight added. We need to know and completely understand that God does not punish although He can judge circumstances based on our actions to do what we think is best instead of trusting God and doing His will.

    When we are in doubt what we should do, we need to pray and wait on the Lord. He will provide a path in the direction we are meant to go. We just have to be willing to obey, He doesn't force us.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitka has an award for you at All GODS Creatures.

    ReplyDelete